torstaina, joulukuuta 09, 2004

my ode to dan gelderfuck.

it's almost the end of all school for 2004. last night i was to do home-work and catch-up swim exercises for a swimming class i've attended rather casually, but i got distracted by the prospect of drinking, as well as the fact that my knee was re-injured by the help of a certain andrew, groping my asterisk. the last time i did make-up swimming i saw my 'coach' there, my instructor dan geldersomething, who was finishing up swim team practice, and i thought he might be happy to see me since i was doing the equivalent of 'make up work' for his class. in fact i've been swimming my ass off this week, sometimes twice a day. and that can be hell.

so i saw him at the window of his office as i was picking up two size 9-11 fins from the bin across the way, and he raised his hand reluctantly, looked more like a nazi salute than a greeting, and he gave me a kind of disappointed look. like it was really a bitch he had to see me or something. the kind of look you might get from a pious christian virgin whose wife denies him sex on his wedding night in favor of reading from the bible naked together. i don't know what his deal is. it just increased my already negative view of athleticism.

anyway, i really plowed into those milwaukee's beasts at about seven, and they ended up to be the beverage of the night as i went out later with peter and his new flame to pick some more up. a good new flame, mind you. this morning was a bit of a struggle to get up again, hitting the alarm several times. it took a bit longer to get my shit together and go 'cause my hair was all frizzed out from the chlorine overload.

i've got to go lead a conversation group in french in about fifteen minutes. it's sometimes quite enjoyable, but not usually. in this first group there's a middle-aged woman who's learning french so she can use it on her yearly trips to "Provence" with her husband. pretty bourgeois, but i like her effort. she can at least get her fucking syntax together, which is more than i can say for most of my students most of the time.

a plus,

1 Comments:

At 11:02 ap., Blogger p said...

thats bourgeois as fuck, if you ask me. Oh well. I like reading your BLOG, Zach. Hows school treating you, little feller?

 

Lähetä kommentti

<< Home